Monday, March 10, 2008

Big Week!

OK, so I've got to snap out of this hole I've crawled into. Not JUST because my house and life as I once knew it have been thrown all out of whack, but I've got a big day ahead of me!

Wednesday is my Anniversary!

In 1994, Gary swooped down and said that he wanted to be a part of this pretty picture. It hasn't always been as pretty as this picture, but let me tell you where Gary is right now. He is cooking and hosting Spring Break for Kacey and 10 of her friends up at the Lake (special thanks to Grandma Carol). Gary's willingness to become an instant father has never wavered. Whether he is being the chef at Science Camp, carving pumpkins, driving them around the lake or giving them some much-needed life lessons ... he's been there. What more could I ask for than for him to be bonding with one of our kids for our anniversary? Ok maybe I'd like a nice night out when he gets back. BUT ... I'm so pleased with where he is now.

P.S. I LOVE my clavicles in this picture. I miss my clavicles. Sigh.

7 comments:

Malissa said...

OMG!! That is the seetest veil I've ever seen! lol Look how young you guys are!! So sweet!! You guys are so great...he's a great and fun dad and you're an awesome fun mom!!

Tina McKinnon said...

Ahhh....clavicles! Remember the story behind that word?!! :>) tee hee... anyway, you guys have sure done well... how time flies... xox

Miss Stace said...

He is a great guy!!!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Okay your Veil was bigger then your head!!! cute picture!!! I'm alittle nervous what did you want to talk to me about!!!! btw Happy Anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

I had the greatest 3 days with Kacey and her friends on our houseboat. Gary was a fabulous host cooking and entertaining all the young adults with boating and water sports. I don't know how they could even think of submurging their bodies in that cold water (56 degrees surface temp) but they board surfed and were pulled around on tubes from morning until night. Burrrrrr.
Kacey- you have a super bunch of friends. Oh what fun I had with all. Kacey - thank you for giving me this opportunity to share in your spring break. I had Jake and Garrison up for the weekend with Gary before Kacey and friends arrived on Monday. I enjoyed every minute with them playing games and (my favorite) fishing. Garrison caught the only fish, but we still had fun peddling around in their paddle boats. Love you all so much, grandma Shaker

Brandi said...

clavicles??? all i saw was the bow/veil! :) and of course, your beautiful smile!

onehm said...

What wonderful sentiments! Love the pic. You guys are so special.
Happy Anniversary!