Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Trip up North


I realize that these pictures are not going to do justice, but they're all I've got. Last weekend, Gary and I were invited to go stay with our friends (the Standages) at their condo in Pinetop. We were gone for just a little over 24 hours, and it rejuvenated me like I'd been gone all week. It was so nice to get away and the weather was soooooooo much better!

At the time that this picture was taken, we were sitting outside under a canopy at a restaurant in Greer, AZ and it was raining all around us! It was 70 degrees and I was actually chilly. Words cannot describe how nice it was, so just use your imaginations.

This picture isn't great of us, but believe me when I say ... we were smiling. A big thank you to Kacey for growing up to be such a dependable and responsible young lady that we can now leave her in charge of my most valuable possessions and know that she's got it handled. Life is good.

5 comments:

Tina McKinnon said...

Looks great! See, I told you it was wonderful up here on the mountain.... even if it is a little ways from us. Life is truly good here. Glad you got away!
xox - Mom

Anonymous said...

Karen,
I am needing one of those vacations about now! And I always thought Arizona was hot and dry.
Becky

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! It is so hot here right now, I can't wait for some rain. Keep the blogs coming, I love to read them!

Malissa said...

I can't wait to be chilly and get to wear a long sleeved shirt!!

Shiloh McKinnon said...

Looks like tons of fun! I so need a vacation in a bad way! -Shiloh