Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Hmmmm -


This sign is posted in Overgaard, AZ at a Baptist Church near my parent's home. Each time I drive past it, one of my eyebrows rises higher than the other and I begin to wonder. It's a very complicated sign if we analyze it. First of all, obviously this spot (which is not very close to the church entrance) is a highly coveted spot. Members of this congregation must arrive pretty early in the morning to try to claim temporary ownership. But who is really eligible for such an honor. Obviously it is for handicapped parking. It's good that they offer ONE of these. However, the handicapped person would have to move rather quickly to beat out the Single Parent With Children. This title kept me wondering the longest. Wouldn't a single parent without children just be ... single? And what if you are a handicap or a single parent with children, but you are also visiting? Could this be the best possible situation offering you two options of parking OR are you only allowed to park in the visitor area if you are visiting? One of these days, I'd like to park in this grand spot without any of my children and sprint around my car just to see what happens.

4 comments:

Tina McKinnon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina McKinnon said...

hahahaha! We've giggled over that sign, too. I think the designer of those signs was slightly obtuse! (My new word for the day: Obtuse: 1. Lacking quickness of perception or intellect. 2. Not sharp.) Fits!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i've never noticed that sign before and robby and i biked through that parking lot. that's insane! i'm so confused, i may just talk to their reverend(?) when we go back.

Tina McKinnon said...

Thought I'd let you know... they've redone the parking lot and removed all but the handicap sign! Good you got the picture before some one got smart!
xox