Thursday, September 8, 2011

Teachers & stuff ~

Last week, I went to visit Kacey in her real, live classroom.  
It's finally here!
She is in her last semester of school and is in the middle of her student teaching.  
Look how fun it is when your kids grow up!  
You get to go on field trips to visit their careers 
and eat sandwiches with them at the grown-up tables!  Yes!



Speaking of teachers.  I got my second email yesterday from one of my boys' teachers letting me know that he didn't appreciate this child's behavior in class.  He told my Freshman that he was annoying and that he was surprised that nobody had beat him up yet.  I'm not sure that teachers should tell their pupils that they are annoying.  I'm pretty sure that they are supposed to save that for those special times in the teacher's lounge.  And just look at these faces ... you know they're completely innocent!


Surely I jest.  I'm the first to admit that my children can annoy.  They've pretty much perfected that verb.  We'll have to work harder on the more pleasant adjectives in the world and try to make the teachers less annoyed and confused as to why they haven't been beat up yet.  I should take some pride in the fact that they have never been beat up, right?

Continuing on with the teacher topic.  
Look at these cute boys that are out teaching the Gospel! 


Oh, Keaton. 

I like teachers (usually).  But I think I hate school.  
Do you like school?   

P.S.  Did you miss Sunday Night Live last week?  
For those of you who did, don't worry, we'll be back.  
For those of you who didn't, we'll still be back.  

5 comments:

Sue said...

I HATE school. I have had 4 calls about the same child already this year. FOUR! Don't those teachers know I have other things to do besides chat on the phone with them about son? I wish they'd make some other friends.

But hey! Yay for Kacey and Keaton!! It all works out in the end, right?

I missed your video sooo much. Possibly too much.

Sue said...

MY son. Sheesh.

Becky said...

I was going to post that I missed SNL......like seriously! But I forgot to make the comment...I think it's cause I was depressed or was it that I was depressed because I too HATE school...the end.

The Clawson's said...

Kacey is such a cute little teacher! Way to go!

Diane Miller said...

I'm proud of your Kacey! I went to Grandparents Day at Greenfield last week and came back with a bigger appreciation of teachers and their dedication.

Teachers should never email their student's parents to tell them the kid is annoying. Doesn't anyone pick up the phone and make a call these days? Some topics actually are better with a conversation attached. (Remember that Kacey!)