Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Arkansas Trip - Day 3

I woke up in the morning feeling like P Diddy ... just kidding.  We woke up early the next morning and drove through some curvy, windy roads to get to Blanchard Springs Caverns.  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

We took an elevator 200 feet into the ground ...
and came out to see this. 
The pictures don't do it justice ...
trust me ... 
it was super cool. 






After exploring the deep underground,
it was time to get cleaned up and go baptize Grandma Freda!

This was, by far, the best part of the trip.  


 She was so excited and couldn't stop smiling.


 So proud of these two Shakers!


This is Elder Quinn and Elder Syme. 
They taught her everything she needed to know.  
They loved Freda and she adored them.



After 18 years of waiting for another member of our family to join us on this spiritual journey, it was finally here.  It's so exciting to see a lady of this caliber, who has always been a very good, righteous and happy person ... actually find a whole other level of happiness and meaning.  Freda knows her Bible.  She has studied her scriptures for years and arguably knows them better than many.  As she studied, prayed and came to realize that there was another book that added to her knowledge and the Bible ... she said "It just HAS to be true!"  She never looked back.

We are so glad that we were able to experience this as a family.  Watching a person that is darn near perfect, grow in strides that didn't seem possible, is a testament of what is available to everyone.

If you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and you would like to learn more about it ... check out our website.  It's so exciting!

Keaton even added his input on the website.  He's so cute!

I know that this is the one true church on the earth today.  This statement might sound a bit uppity, but shouldn't you know this about your religion?  There are many good people and awesome works going on in our world, but I stand firm in my knowledge that this is the one true Gospel.  It is perfect.  I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father has created a plan that has helped me grow while I'm here, so that I can return to Him with my family at my side and live in a state of glory that is incomprehensible.  I know that I have family members already there preparing for us and teaching those that didn't get to hear this message while they were here.  It's amazing.  If my testimony can testify of one thing ... it's that there is more.  So much more.  Amen! 







No comments: