Monday, February 7, 2011

Wardrobe dysfunction ~

I don't like shopping, I hate to spend money and I don't like to play dress up.  I'm a little bit of a boy in that regard.  I can't walk in heels and I don't like clothes that touch me in my ever-so-sensitive crevices, so I buy things that pretty much hover around me, all the while keeping their unflattering distance.  I perfected the look of lounge wear at a very early age ... see here!


Oh my word I was so cute!  Look at that scrumptious blond hair
and that perfect outfit!  Sigh.

Anyway, at a gathering of friends last month, it was noted that most of my wardrobe is from Sam's Club.  It's the perfect scenario.  I grab a bag of Laura Scudders and a shirt!  Consequently, I'm starting to look at my closet with a bit of disgust.  In my world, lounge wear is usually perfectly acceptable.  However, on the rare  occasion that it isn't ... I panic!   I walk into my closet and scope over the same Mtn. View Toro football shirts and try to imagine adding a necklace to spruce it up a bit.  So my dear friends have volunteered to take on this challenge.  They're going to show me how to shop wisely and possibly even in the right size and shape.  I am skeptical, yet hopeful about this process.  If it doesn't work out, I'm going to wear my very best pajamas to Matthew's wedding ... and I may start wearing them to church.

Does every other girl like to shop?

4 comments:

Kacey's View said...

I don't know how I'm your daughter besides that I still have that 'scrumptious' blond hair. I loooove shopping. It's therapeutic!

Becky said...

Hate Shopping....Just sayin....ever tried to find a pair of jeans that had a 37 inch inseam and DIDN'T have a 52 inch waist...yeah my point exactly...I'm with you on the opinion of shopping!

Tina McKinnon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina McKinnon said...

I HATE SHOPPING, TOO!! Especially for clothes... During the last month, I've been watching a lot of "What Not to Wear"... Oh, how I wish someone would give me $5000 and a trip to New York to be shown how to do it right!! oh well...