Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Go Toro's!

If you read this, you already know what a complete freak I am about this time of year. I LOVE watching my boy play football, and Toro Camp officially gets my blood pumping. This year is no different. We are spending the week up at football camp, which by some stroke of convenient luck is also where my parents live! Right now I am sitting at my computer next to an open window listening to thunder rolling, a cool breeze and some wonderful raindrops. What a nice change!

So, remember when our kids were young, and we spent years trying to implement the art of sharing? I'm not sure at exactly what point parenting took such a complete and drastic change, but today I found myself screaming "USE YOUR KNEE! STEP ON HIM! DON'T LET HIM UP! DON'T LET GO!" These pictures were right before my big boy took things into his own hands (or skull) and head-butted this kid three times all in the name of competition. Call me sick, but rarely has an occasion made me so dang proud.




4 comments:

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

I so remember those days, we loved to go up to Football camp and watch the boys, They always loved it when Boyd would get a treat for them on the way there.we never stayed a whole week though so how fun for you! can't believe school is around the corner.

Tina McKinnon said...

That's our boy!! So glad you could come up and stay with us...
It is a great place to hang out!

Anonymous said...

Man oh Pete! Did the guy ever let go. Keaton is my idol. Hope to make a game this season. Julie

Mrs. Bennett said...

I'm starting to see the allure in football. We watched Jasper at his first practice yesterday, and it was so fun! Watching a bunch of 8 and 9 year olds "drop and give me 5" was so cool. My poor dad missed out on all of that.