Thursday, January 24, 2008

Girls Day Out -

One of my favorite traditions that I look forward to five times a year, is this little group of girls.


Mary Ellen, Cynthia, Karen, Val & Me


Yes, I said girls ... because when we get together, we are all young at heart. In reality, our ages range from 66 years old to a wee little 42. Several years ago (I think it's been about eight years) we served in our Relief Society Presidency together. This is usually when people begin giggling and say "You were in the Relief Society Presidency?" The answer is YES, but I was merely the secretary ... this is where people usually say "Oh, just the secretary".

For those of you who are wondering what the Relief Society is, you can look it up here. Basically, it is an organization of women that was formed in 1842 to serve and strengthen one another and is now the largest women's organization in the world. Beat that!

So anyway, these are truly four of my favorite people. We really clicked when we served together, and we are still clicking. We get together for lunch for each of our birthday's, which are perfectly spaced in January, April, August, September and December. Today ... was our January treat and we met at Applebees where we found out that the soup and salad is unlimited!

Just a few things that were heard at our little get together today -

Virgin Pina Colada - woo hoo - Vicodin - Colitis - twins - triplets - deaf - "Back rubs in the front room, turn into front rubs in the back room" - woo hoo - "I need to stand up for just a minute" - "reverence brings revelation" - Happy Birthday to you - "Make that four more French Onion Soups!" - "Don't worry about the naked part, it doesn't last too long" and one more ... woo hoo.

For those of you who could not attend, thanks for reading. For those of you who attended, thanks for attending! I can't wait until April! Does everybody have a Girl's Day tradition?


6 comments:

Mrs. Bennett said...

That looks like so much fun!
Oh - and I tagged you on my blog.

Malissa said...

How fun is that!! I'm always excited to see other people in your blog that I know!! I love girls luncheons!! They're my favorite!!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Looks like you had a great time. Shiflet is a fun person to be around.. and i am sure they think that of you also..

Curtis Chicks said...

How fun! A bunch of old ladies sitting around talking about nekkedness .. NOW THAT DESERVES A WOO HOO!

HEE HEE .. I'm a brat, but I get it from my mother.

I have no Girl's Day Tradition because I have no "girls". But that's because I don't like people.

Looks like tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

We may not be as young as we used to be, but we sure know how to laugh and have fun. Great friends are hard to come by. I'm glad you're all mine! Loves!

*Just for clarification, is it "woo-hoo" or "huh-huh"? :)

Karen said...

I think it was more like huh-huh, you're right.