Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rambling at midnight ~

Labor Day, 2010. Our day started off early over here ... 4:30 a.m. to be exact. Gary and the boys went dove hunting with our little friends, the Arnett's. I didn't even know we were hunters. We weren't hunters! Until Labor Day 2010. Apparently they were almost sprayed by other humans with guns ... luckily Gary yelled for the youngins to cover their eyes! ... and they didn't hit a dove until they were on their way home where they ran into one with the truck. No wonder the state allows us to thin out the dove population a bit!

After the hunt of 2010 was over, we all headed over to the gym where the boys played racquetball with Gary and Uncle Danny, and I walked briskly on a fancy machine with it's own little television. My walk went by rather quickly as I tried to keep up with reading the subtitles while maintaining a steady yet oh-so-slight incline.

After the monumental work-outs, we headed over to Subway (because anybody who watches The Biggest Loser knows that you can literally lose 300 pounds by eating there) ... which would have been perfectly healthy had I not demanded a double scoop of Thrifty ice-cream following my oh-so-lean turkey sandwich. Oh well.

What would Labor Day be without a well deserved nap for those who regularly labor? Nothing! So we all took a little snooze as we fell asleep watching how baseball gloves are made (no wonder we dozed off)!

Around dinner time I decided that I would rest from my labors of cooking, and go shopping with my friend for some home decor that I desperately needed (toothbrush holders ... how have I lived this long without them?!) It was my first visit to Home Goods ... and it will probably not be my last.

Finally, tonight ... Matthew had a show. He's a rock star. It was his biggest show yet and even Grandpa Vince and Grandma Carol were in attendance. It was bloomin' hot ... sweat was everywhere ... but it was awesome. I love his new song, in memory of a friend we just lost.

We all came home and I remembered that I had to get our company billing done. So my work is now finished. My little ones and my big one are all in bed sound asleep. The dishwasher is humming and the evening has cooled down. I think we're done with this nonsensical heat and something new is in store.

Tomorrow, Keaton leaves for the mission field. It is possible that he will get to call home. If he does, then the day after Labor Day will be my new favorite day ... especially the one in 2012.

Happy Labor Day!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Home Goods.....LOVE IT!

Amy Legler said...

Sounds fun! Although, I have to say, I was pretty disappointed to find out there was no FHE yesterday.....AND I WAS IN TOWN!

lori.huffaker said...

I love the gym with the little T.V.'s and the sub titles, it's so distracting, and I have learned so much about Beyonce and the Kardashians. Awesome, becoming more hip while loosing my hips...that was funny!!

Tina McKinnon said...

Especially good post, m'girl... I always enjoy your writing... see you soon... xox