Monday, July 9, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE G!

Today my baby is 15-years-old.  Holy cow! 

I remember your birth more vividly than most because it was very different. You were my only c-section delivery, so we saw your tiny toes come out first.  They were so cute!  It was soon quite clear that I finally got myself a bona fide red-head.  That hair is a connection to my sisters, my brother, my mom and my grandma.  It is symbolically divine and I love it!

 
Garrison, you are my nurturer.  You have been so good at looking out for me.  You're the first to offer to rub my shoulders when you can tell that I am hurting.  You have a sensitive little heart that keeps you keenly aware of others' feelings ... and you love to serve.  You do not sit still very well!  You love to stay active and you don't like to waste a moment of your day.  You are fascinated by the universe and what's out there ... I hope that one day you get that big telescope you want!  You're an incredible cook!  Your missionary companions are going to be super lucky to have you in their kitchen!  You are an awesome student.  I never have to tell you to get your homework done or to work harder on your grades ... you just get the job done!  And most importantly, you are obedient.  You keep the standards of our home and of the Gospel.  

I am so proud of you and I am so lucky to be your mom.  Have the happiest of birthdays today!



Love, Mom

No comments: