Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Getting to know you ...

Tonight, the ladies in our church are having a little get together with the theme of "Getting To Know You".  I don't want to go.  I have a crummy attitude about getting to know people.  What is my deal?  

We've had a lot of new people move in around me and I'm sure they're swell.  But throwing me into a mix of people I don't know and suggesting that I'm going to get to know them by playing games (PLAYING GAMES)  is my definition of pure agony.   This combination of characters and events is the main reason I don't attend most baby showers or Bar Mitzvahs.  Can't we all just wave from our front porches and call it good?

I need to figure out why I have such an aversion to strangers.  We'll see if I figure it out before 7:00 p.m. tonight.  Until then, maybe I'll learn something here ...

   

2 comments:

Sue said...

I feel exactly the same way. I can't think of too many things more horrible than playing games with people I don't know, or don't know well. The older I get the happier I am to just stay home in my little cave alone.

Tina McKinnon said...

Amen to Wesley's mom! I will ditto those sentiments! Well, Isn't that special?!! :)