Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fancy News -

Occasionally, I catch myself wondering why I live in Arizona (except for the fact that my whole family is here - and they have been here for a million years). Then ... out of the clear, blue sky I get zapped in the face with the answers.

A couple of Saturdays ago, it was miserably hot and it was October. I almost quit. I almost packed it up and moved up North, or over East, or anywhere but here. And then it happened! A dust storm rolled into town and brought a few sprinkles with it. Since then it's been delightfully cooler and we've been blessed with rain ... AMAZING RAIN ... and even some hail! I believe the worst of Summer is finally over. This is the time of year that I live for, and it's the time of year that other parts of the country are prepping for freezing pipes and snow chains. No thank you.

Another thing that we have around my little piece of this world is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G medical care. If you need a titanium plate in your head (like the one that I sport around in) ... we have Barrow's Neurological Institute. If your child is in bad shape ... we have Phoenix Children's Hospital (a shout out to Ben ... a Doctor who reads my blog)! And if you just need a second opinion or fantastic medical care from some really phenomenal doctors ... we have the world renowned Mayo Clinic. People have been known to travel for days to get to these facilities, and they are all a swift 30 minutes from my driveway.

This was Julie at the Fancy Mayo Clinic.
She thought she was getting a pedicure instead of a consult
in our fancy doctor's office.

Well, it finally occurred to me that I needed to utilize my options. So I made a couple of visits to the ole' Mayo Clinic. After lots of fancy blood work and a couple of educated consults with a lovely Dr. who specializes in Lupus ... new news rolled into town right along with that gust of cool wind. According to the fancy Mayo Clinic ... I DO NOT HAVE LUPUS.

Neat-o, eh?

And happy Fall!

4 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

sweet! i'm so glad! one more blessing to count.

Cyn said...

So, is it bad that we have the same hospitals in common?! Congrats on the no Lupus! Glad you got another opinion. It's definitely worth it!

Becky said...

Yay! Great news.

Malissa Cordova said...

I like 2nd opinions!! Yay for you!